Sunday, November 04, 2007

Google's OpenSocial and Ning Networks

Marc Andreessen, co-founder of the Netscape web browser in the mid 90s, and now co-founder of Ning explains the "astonishing" new Open Social initiative spearheaded by Google in his blog.

He explains that they have already added Open Social functionality for Ning Network creators but recommends that "anyone who is running a network today and wants to play with Open Social should create a new demo network for that purpose.

Last March, I created a Ning Network called the Idaho Common Adventure Network and I hope to incorporate some of the OpenSocial features in the near future. Meanwhile, I joined a new Ning Network "JoinOpenSocial" specifically created "for developers, members of social networking communities, and everyone else to learn, share, and discuss about Google's OpenSocial project." As time permits, and as I learn more, I may start a new project to experiment with this new opportunity.

No comments: