Friday, February 16, 2007

Local Wikia Community - Help please!

(Update Feb.17) I did get a response from DNL who is helping with the Local.wikia site.

"I saw that you added some stuff to Category:Boise, Idaho Environment. Unfortunately, it's unlikely that anyone will read it there. If you want people to find your articles, enter them into this form. At the bottom, be sure to select "Idaho" and "Boise" in the drop down boxes as prompted, and in the "tags" box, type "Environment." If you do it that way, your article will be added to the Category:Boise, Idaho Environment page automatically, and your article will have a chance at hitting the front page of the site! Let me know if you have any questions. --DNL "

My response - "Thank you DNL -- Before I saw your note above I started to write another article this morning and the Form did work."

And, as DNL suggested, two articles I wrote appeared as "Popular Articles" on the National Local.Wikia home page and also now show up on the Boise, Idaho local.wikia page.
_________________

Original Post Feb. 16/

I need some help understanding how to edit the Local Wikia pages I mentioned in my last post. For some reason some of their "help" sections do not give me the results I expect. For example the "Create" page forms do not always work.

I have been trying to add some information to the Local Wikia Community for Idaho and Boise. I was able to create a new page titled "Environment" in the Local news section and add some information about Global Warming and Climate Change. However, I am having trouble getting a link to the "New Articles" section to appear on the Boise, Idaho main page as I expected to be able to do.

Does anyone have suggestions to help me (and others) to learn how to use the Local Wikia Community efficiently?

Thanks,
Gary

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry, wish I could help but I've just started utilizing Wiki myself.

Gary Rasltin

Gary O. Grimm said...

Thanks Gary,

I did get some help yesterday and just posted an update with a suggestion that worked on the Feb.16 post.

Gary Grimm